Shillong is a hill station in northeast India and capital of the state of Meghalaya. It's known for Lady Hydari Park's manicured gardens. Shillong is situated at an altitude of 1525 m above sea level. The hilly location and the scenic beauty of shillong have also earned it with the title of ‘Scotland of the East india’, due to the resemblance in their terrain and climate. The town is full of picturesque locations such as waterfalls, lakes and rolling hills that make it a perfect place for honeymoon Couples.
Best time For Shillong Tourism : October to March.
Weather Conditions : Pleasant, pollution-free.
Summers: The temperature varies from 23 degree Celsius.
Winters: The temperature varies from 4 degree Celsius.
Air : Guwahati is the nearest airport from where Shillong can be reached by bus or car.
Rail : Guwahati is the nearest railhead and is well-connected to the rest of the country.
Road Transport : Meghalaya Road Transport also run regular bus services in Meghalaya.
Search with keyword terms "shillong", "meghalaya" etc.
- Shillong Peak Travel: A sightseeing tour of picnic spot lying 10 km. from the city, 1965 m above sea level, offers a panoramic view of the scenic country side, and is also the highest point in the State.
- Cherrapunjee (Sohra): 56 km from Shillong, situated in one of the rainiest rain-belt in the world, 1,300 m above sea level.Nohsngithiang falls is a must on Shillong tourism.Is also famous for its limestone caves and orange honey.
- Sohpetbneng Peak: The hill is regarded as sacred by the Hynniewtrep people, is set amidst a beautiful scenic view against the backdrop of a sacred forest.
- Ward's Lake: Located in the heart of the city, popular travel attractions includes short garden walks and boating.
- Umiam Lake Tour: Umiam Khwan (Barapani), 17 km from Shillong, the lake tour offers water sports facilities including sailing, water skiing.
- Botanical Garden
- Lady Hydari Park: A popular charming tourist draw, the adjacent mini zoo is an added attraction.
- Golf Course: The third oldest golf course in India.
- State Museum: Located at the State Central Library complex, visitors can get a glimpse of the lifestyle and heritage of the people.
- Bishop and Beadon Falls: Both cascade down the same escarpment into a deep valley.
- Elephant Falls: 12 km on the outskirts of the city.
- Spread Eagle Falls
- Sweet Falls: Situated near Happy Valley, most suitable for a day's outing
- Crinoline Falls: Near Lady Hydari Park.This is a must visit travel place on Shillong.